Monday, December 12, 2011

Holy F***

Well. I'm not dead after all. Dunno about this blog however.

So here's the deal, got a job, a new place, a new car and things are good. Bad news? Yep there's some. A faulty power supply fried my computer in August of 2010. I lost everything. The annoying part is I did have a backup of everything including the FSAE and F1000 stuff. Well it was on another internal drive, and when I say everything got fried, I mean even the CD drives.

Yay new computer! Boo no more data. Turns out there are companies that specialize in recovering this stuff. $1300 later I was reunited with all my old data. Yup got it all back even the F1000 stuff. That was only for one drive though, the one with all the good stuff on it. All my programs like SolidWorks was lost though, so for the past 16 months I have not had access to my favorite CAD program, SolidWorks.

Lets go buy a copy then! I have a job now and could afford a few hundred dollar program right? Nopes. Turns out a single seat of SolidWorks is $15,000. Yup that's right kids, $15k. Fuck that.

Well here I am, doing other things and still thinking about F1000. Maybe I'll get back into it, but being busy with work and driving around in my new 2012 Mustang GT (did I mention that it has 412 hp? Its sweet...) as well as some other projects, it may take a few more months.

We shall see what happens.

I'll see ya when I see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment